We Need Another Muppets Movie

The Muppets are American Classics, whether you know them best from any of their many movies, from the Muppet Show, or from another source it is undeniable that nearly every American has at least heard of the Muppets.

My two favorite Muppet productions are A Muppets Christmas Carol, an adaptation of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and Muppet Treasure Island, an adaptation of Treasure Island by Robert Lewis Stevenson.

Getting to the point of this article, I sincerely wish for another Muppet movie to come out that is an adaptation of another classic novel like those two. I have brainstormed many of books: Hard Times by Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, any of the Sherlock Holmes Story by A. Conan Doyle (or a story inspired by), Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne, and A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne.

These are a few stories that I think can be given the Muppet treatment and it would work. I'm sure there are other, but these are the ones I have selected, but I am interested in what you guys had in mind.

But more than anything I just want a new Muppet movie. The Muppets Now on Disney+ is fine, but it does not have the same sense of excitement I got from any of the Muppet Movies or even the muppets (a one season TV show on ABC), which I thought had captured the magic of the Muppets a little better than the Muppets Now is doing.

-Jonathan Berry

Comments

  1. I agree, another Muppets movie would be nice to see. Especially if they adapt a classic story again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is the Chosen One? | A Star Wars Theory

1st 2020 Presidential Debate Response

My Favorite Moment in Star Wars