1st 2020 Presidential Debate Response

 The first Presidential debate between President Trump and former Vice President Biden recently concluded. The debate was moderated by Chris Wallace. First off, I caught Trump and Biden exchanging pleasantries right before the debate on stage. But other than that, they were not pleasant with each other. I felt Biden was a bit more cordial, but still very blunt.

Also, I felt like Biden held the better position at the end of the debate. In terms of being a debater. However, I felt like Trump made a larger impact on screen due to him being a former reality TV host and knowing how to rally a crowd. I also have to say, I think Hillary Clinton did a better job debating Trump than Biden did. Still I felt Biden held his ground well and preformed better in the debate. He stayed relevant to the topic more often and he did not need to resort to lies to support his arguments.

Trump failed to denounce white supremacy and white supremacists groups during the debate and frequently interrupted Biden. Meanwhile, Biden did interrupt Trump, but not as much. And Biden did not need to denounce any radical groups. Biden did call out antifa, but only to say its a idea, because antifa is anti-fascist, not really controversial.

Frequently they did get off topic, especially with the first question which was supposed to be about the Supreme Court Vacancy which quickly devolved into a debate on health care.With the other topics and questions, I do think they did better at staying on topic.

I also believe that this debate was untimely a failure for both candidates and the candidates only made a positive impression on those already committed to voting for them. I think any undecided voters they may now be more confused than they were at the start of the debate. If I have to declare I winner, I would give Biden a light lead. And if I were to give them a grade, Trump gets a 5/10 and Biden gets a 5.1/10

-Jonathan Berry

Comments

  1. Biden successfully defended himself against Trump, but he did not make an successfully counterattacks though. However, Biden had some strong probing attacks against Trump, but they weren't enough. I expect Harris to give a very strong performance against Pence next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: it's the Sunday following the debate and polls indicate that besides most Americans being annoyed; that Bidem won the debate. Analysts say that Boden had everything to lose and he did not lose anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is the Chosen One? | A Star Wars Theory

"Trump! Trump! Trump! He Needs to be Voted Out" - A Variation of "Tramp! Tramp! Tramp!"